Sunday, November 6, 2011

Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1)Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


After I finished my last book I picked up 2 to take to work with me and read throughout the day. I started the other one, then when lunch came around I accidentally grabbed this one instead of the other one I had already started. I am not one to read two books at once but I figured I would give it a try and see which one I liked better.



I could not put this book down! Once I started I could not stop. I think I accidentally grabbed the wrong one on purpose. I loved the story line, I was able to relate to Maddie and his sisters so well. I think everything about this book was on track. I loved the real human response Maddie had to having been in an abusive relationship. The character development was great, I really was rooting for Maddie and Jax as well as supporting Maddie in her relationship with her sisters. I just loved it, cannot wait to get my hands of Tara's story.



My only negative comment is that I have a problem with people using the phrase "gave up for adoption." As a birthmother and a social worker I am trying to change the stigmas associated with adoption. The phrase we like to use better is "placed for adoption." Although we sing away our rights we are not giving the child away, we are placing them in a better situation. I really hope this does not bother me when reading Tara's story as I have had to leave series before because of careless language.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment