Saturday, November 26, 2011

SEAL of My DreamsSEAL of My Dreams by Robyn Carr

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


When I first heard about this book I was thrilled- I love romance and I love military men. Prior to my starting this book I looked through the authors and realized I have never read most of them so this was going to be a good starting point for me on some possibly new favorite authors.

My favorite novellas were the ones involving military dogs, I thought this was cute on the part of a few of the authors, I really enjoyed the animal aspect and learning some about what military dogs do and how their handlers respond.

Some of the novellas I had difficulty with due to them being an epilogue for other novels. Holding On by Stephanie Tyler was by far the hardest as there were too many characters and I never really understood who was who and what they were doing.

My favorite was Baby, I’m Back by Stephanie Bond. Not really sure why but the animal aspect is part of it. Others I just found it to be a good story. I will be looking up others from this author.

The last story, Letters To Ellie by Loreth Anne White was a horrible way to end this book I felt like. I read romance novels because I am a social worker in real life and have to deal with horrible stories every day and reading is my outlet. This story made me cry and pretty much hate life. I did not like the way this anthology ended, I mean the story was a great addition but I think order should have been shifted as I was left feeling very depressed at the end of it all.

I am glad I read it though, and am so proud to call myself an American after reading even fictionalized versions of our troops.

-The only easy day was yesterday




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment