Monday, August 27, 2012

Hunk for the HolidaysHunk for the Holidays by Katie Lane
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

With the number of books I load onto my Kindle it's easy to get confused about which book is which, which is why when I opened this novel I thought it was an anthology. I kept looking at my progress bar trying to figure out how much longer I had in this story and if staying up an hour later than I meant to would mean I would get to finish it (the answer sadly was no). So I woke up the next morning (and being on vacation allowed me to do this) and laid in bed for another hour gobbling up more of it in hopes I would reach an marvelous ending.

Well suffice to say at about 50% completed I figured out this was not an anthology as I had presumed but a full novel. At this point I continued to eat this book up. In total it took me less than 24 hours to read the whole thing, and I loved every minute of it. I loved the entire McPherson family, I loved getting the girl's POV with 4 brother running around. I loved James and his wonderful principles. Cassie was a phenomenal klutz and spaz which made her 100% lovable.

I really was not expecting what I got from this novel which was introduced to an author I have not read before and fell in love. In love with Katie Lane for writing, in love with Cassie McPherson for setting a tree on fire, in love with James for being willing to stand up to the family and in love with their love story. Excited to book stalk Katie Lane now.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment