Monday, August 27, 2012

Close Enough to TouchClose Enough to Touch by Victoria Dahl
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I fell in love with Victoria Dahl when reading the Donovan Brothers Brewery series and have been dying to read her next set of novels. When I came upon this one in her new series I was a bit skeptical. Mainly due to the fact I am burnt out on cowboys, I mean really what's with all the authors doing stuff on cowboys? So I went into this set believing that it would not be likeable, and as all good self-fulfilling professies do I found myself not a huge fan. But being stuck in an airport and on a plane makes one trudge on and at some point I find myself really liking this story.

I found myself liking Grace, even if she was a bit self-deprecating at times. I was rooting for Cole to finally have a back bone and stand up to all the crap he faced in the past. And i enjoyed being introduced to all the side characters, trying to guess which ones will become couples.

As hard as I tried to dislike this book I guess it just wasn't in the cards for me. I did enjoy it quite a bit (though not as much as the Donovan Brothers) and am looking forward to what is to come in this lovely set of middle of no where novel.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment