Sunday, May 27, 2012

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Everyone Is BeautifulEveryone Is Beautiful by Katherine Center
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a book club book and I have to say it was my favorite of all the ones we have read, not sure if that's a complement or not as the others were really really not my fave. However, I did find the characters extremely relate-able and the story pretty true to real life. I did get confused a bit as the story seems to be written like a journal at times with comments like "I would find that would later," thrown in there. I totally get the whole just saying you are pregnant thing even if your not (due to weight issues) and I think it's awesome that other people get that. We all want to be better us-es and that's what this book is about.

A fun note with this is that I took this to an event I was going to (lesson from my parents: never leave home without a book) and a woman who is currently fighting breast cancer saw the title of the book and took a picture of me with it since she's coming to grips with being beautiful even while going through chemo and radiation. So there is some inspiration there.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment