Sunday, May 27, 2012

Coming Home: A Story of Unending Love and Eternal PromiseComing Home: A Story of Unending Love and Eternal Promise by Karen Kingsbury
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was the 24th book Karen wrote about the Baxter family.

It made me cry more than once but it was so well written and so touching that if you haven't read the rest of the series, read this one and then go back to the beginning.

Karen does an excellent job of allowing people who do not have the full back stories of the Baxter children to be able to read this book and love it and then want to read all the others to get the details of everyone's life.

The Baxter family is reuniting for John's 70th birthday. Each child is to write a letter to John and will read them at his surprise birthday party at Ashley's house (formerly the Baxter house).

There are some very touching moments in this book and a great ending to the Baxters, I still hope that we will hear from them again someday as I feel like they could be my neighbors with all I know about them.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment