Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Missing Max - Karen Young

Missing MaxMissing Max by Karen Young

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was my first book by Karen Young. I will admit the book drew me in rather quickly and held me for a long time. There were a few parts that I wonder - does it really happen like that?



But the characters made you love them and care about them and what to know what was next.



This is the story of a family - Jane, Kyle, Melanie and baby Max. Max is kidnapped while Jane, Melanie and some friends are sat Mardi Gras. All feel resposible for Max being gone and they all try to deal with it seperately vs as a family.



There is no way to figure out who did it as that person is brought in fairly late in the book and almost as an afterthought in my opinion.



This book really is about family and how they are all dealing with life, there is a little christian thrown in for good measure but not what I would call a Christian book.



I will not rush out and by another by this author but if one shows up on the sale table I probably would pick it up.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment