Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lingerie Wars (Invertary, book one)Lingerie Wars by Janet Elizabeth Henderson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This seemed like a quick, easy summer read (although it is set during winter). I sped through it rather fast. There was nothing outstanding here for me, either good or bad. I did realize how NOT Scottish I am though as there were terms or phrases that were lost on me. Sentence structure did not always make sense to me but I was able to get the gist of things.
The characters were entertaining but nothing great. The biggest problem I have with contemporary romance-this one included, is that they get us to hate the hero before he has to atone for all his sins. I get there has to be conflict but I want someone to root for, not a hero to hate. There is a reason I've had to stop reading romance like these.
I loved the underwear mascot though, I thought that character was developed really well. Not a fan of Lake's sister though, way too whiny and a pushover for me.
One of the reasons I do read romances is for the steamy bits. I mean if I ain't gettin' any I like to read about those who are. This book skipped over all of that. I was a bit disappointed.
To sum things up, this knocked another book off my quote for the year but I do not think I will be reading the next one in the series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment