Thursday, June 6, 2013

Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) StepsAdulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If there was ever a book to sum up exactly where I am at in life right now, this would be it. I am 24 (almost 25, and will be able to rent a car, thank you very much), out on my own-with a roommate and her two cats and overall just trying to make it through life feeling like I somewhat know what I am doing.
This book helped remind me of some things, taught me some new lessons and at the same time provided some reinforcement for things I am trying to do. While reading this book I praised myself for making my bed daily. I also cleaned my bathtub (that bleach thing really does work). I accidentally bleached a really awesome shirt in the process, but I have a cleaner apartment. I made a daily to do list- with things like wash dishes and put away clothes.
Some of the steps here were not for me, some were. This book did not change my life but I did love it. I loved the humor and the sarcasm and I loved the tips. For anyone in their 20s I think this is a great read, especially if like me they feel like they're still a kid.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment