Thursday, May 23, 2013

Honey Pie (Cupcake Club, #4)Honey Pie by Donna Kauffman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Funny story: About halfway through this book I realized it was part of a series (4th one to be exact- discovered upon some internet searching). Then about 60% through this book I discovered I actually owned book three but had yet to read it. Oops. That being said, you definitely do not have to read the previous books to get this one. I have a feeling I would have actually bonded less with Honey (the heroine) if I had read the others first since she was the out of towner.

Now it really took me awhile to get into this book. I probably took about 2 months to read the entire thing because I was not drawn in and I would find other books I wanted to read first. But I am glad I kept going back, though to be honest it was Dylan that kept me coming back, not Honey.

It was a cute story, nothing phenomenal. I really do not like the paranormal aspects in my romance novels though, wish I got some warning before they got mixed in together but it seems to be a surprise every time. By the end of the story though I was ready to wring Honey's neck. I want my heroines to have some type of self confidence and not play the poor me, pity party game. I need stronger characters than that. Dylan gets a huge thumbs up from me, but how he would end up with someone as hard on herself and with such low self esteem I will never know.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment